• Know how to handle any group situation
• Develop skills to harness the transformative capacity of groups
Recent changes to this course
This course was formerly known as the Advanced Diploma of Group Facilitation. As of Feb 2020, it is a non-accredited course with a significantly reduced enrolment fee, delivering the same program with integrity and a greater focus on our whole-of-person approach.
Do you face any of these group problems?
- The conversation keeps sidetracking from the main goal
- You have too much to get through in a limited timeframe
- You notice people distracted by their phones
- Certain people keep dominating the conversation
- There’s disagreement or conflict in the group
- A few participants are not joining the discussion at all
Become a competent, confident and compassionate facilitator
Working well with a group so that you harness the wisdom of everyone present, achieving the best outcomes, takes a specific range of skills. From effective communication and leadership to self-awareness and active compassion, there are many ways we can help you become a good facilitator.
Our Advanced Group Facilitation Year-Long Program is grounded in making sure you have the inner strength to handle any group situation constructively. The core content addresses everything from the fundamentals of communication to managing conflict and working with rank and power.
We have a strong emphasis on emotional resilience and micro-skills that you can apply in any group context. We value a whole-of-person approach because everyone brings all of their experience and preferences to any interaction. This strengthens your capacity as a facilitator and can help your group members to have greater compassion for each other.
The course is experiential, interactive and a bit of fun. Your educators provide feedback and guidance as we support you in your own facilitation challenges and opportunities
This nationally recognised qualification is offered by Commonground Training Resources Inc, a Registered Training Organisation. Training Organisation ID 22011
Why this course?
Our Advanced Group Facilitation Year-Long Program is the most practical and comprehensive facilitation education available in Australia. Our approach provides a high level of support to ensure your current skills, knowledge and awareness flourish. Participants who have been working with groups for years find this education powerful and empowering; the course is consistently rated highly by a diversity of facilitators working in a broad range of settings.
The course balances facilitation education with your specific learning goals. There are plenty of opportunities to practice the skills relevant to whatever facilitation context interests you:
- within your organisation
- community engagement
- therapeutic settings.
Conducted in a group setting so you can always see and feel how skills are applied, contact days are ‘supportively challenging’. You will learn great things about yourself and provide a much stronger and more practical foundation for your facilitation skills.
Many people use this course to change gears in life: it has a huge capacity for helping you know yourself a whole lot better. You may be searching for what’s next, keen to pursue work that’s more in line with what you believe in, or simply know it’s time for the gift of self-development.
This variety of motivations for joining us adds to the diversity and spice that make the course so rich.
Our ground-breaking course is nationally recognised by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA). This is an acknowledgement of the vital role of facilitation in effective workplace practices. Read more about how this course came to be
Check out an example of what we do
What you get
- 19 contact days over the course of the year
- 5-day residential at the start and 2-day residential at the end of the course
- Gourmet restaurant-quality food at all sessions
- Comprehensive course manual
- Copy of Getting Our Act Together – book by Glen Ochre on the power of working well in groups
- Access to Graduate Resources Page: online training videos and digital version of course manual, updated annually
- Graduation ceremony and dinner
Please see our info pack for more details.
Held at Groupwork Centre Training Rooms & Commonground Conference Centre.
See more about our delightful spaces for training.
Fees paid in installments for 2020 Participants
All fees are paid in installments over the course year; see course info pack for payment schedule.
Course fee: $8,800 inc GST
- Deposit of $1,500 payable by 25 March 2020
- Deposit of $750 payable by 31 March 2020.
- Applications for two scholarship places open now until 21 February 2020. Please refer to Scholarship Places section above on this page.
Discount available: You can have a discount of $220 off the total price if you have attended one of our Facilitation Training 2-day public short courses.
Price: $8,800inc GST
Deposit Required: $1,500inc GST