• Handle any group situation with confidence
• Build skills to enable the transformative capacity of groups
• Develop a whole-of-person approach to your facilitation and life
This course was formerly known as the Advanced Diploma of Group Facilitation. As of Feb 2020, it is a non-accredited course with a significantly reduced enrolment fee, delivering the same program with integrity and a more practical focus.
Do you face any of these group problems?
- Your group lacks coherency and connection
- People lock in behind their own ideas and seem unwilling to collaborate
- A personal inability to tackle conflict, together with fear, when it arises
- Conversations that keeps sidetracking from the main goal
- You have too much to get through in a limited time-frame
- Participants become distracted by devices
- Participants keep dominating the conversation
- Participants who are not joining the discussion at all
Become a competent, confident and compassionate facilitator
Working well with a group so that you harness the wisdom of everyone present takes a specific range of skills. From effective communication and leadership to self-awareness and active compassion, there are many ways we can help you become a good facilitator.
Our Advanced Group Facilitation Program is grounded in making sure you have the inner strength to handle any group situation constructively. The core content addresses everything from the fundamentals of communication to managing conflict and working with rank and power.
We have a strong emphasis on emotional resilience and practical tools that you can apply in any group context. We value a whole-of-person approach because everyone brings all of their experience and preferences to any interaction. This strengthens your capacity as a facilitator and can help your group members to have greater compassion for each other.
The course is experiential, interactive and a bit of fun. Your educators provide feedback and guidance as we support you in your own facilitation challenges and opportunities.
Why this course?
Our Advanced Group Facilitation Course is the most practical and comprehensive facilitation education available in Australia. Containing all the core components of our original year-long Diploma, this course provides a high level of support to ensure your current skills, knowledge and awareness flourish. Participants who have been working with groups for years find this education powerful and empowering; the course is consistently rated highly by facilitators working in a broad range of settings.
The course balances facilitation education with your specific learning goals. There are plenty of opportunities to practice the skills relevant to whatever facilitation context interests you:
- within your organisation
- community engagement
- therapeutic settings.
Conducted in a group setting so you experience the parallel process of learning the craft while experiencing the dynamics within the group you’ll be travelling with for the duration of the course. You’ll be able to see and feel the learning as an embodied process of how skills are applied with contact days being ‘supportively challenging’. You will learn great things about yourself and provide a much stronger and more practical foundation to your facilitation skills.
Many people use this course to change gears in life: it has a huge capacity for helping you know yourself a whole lot better. You may be searching for what’s next, keen to pursue work that’s more in line with what you believe in, or simply know it’s time for the gift of self-development.
This variety of motivations for joining us adds to the diversity and spice that make the course so rich.
Check out an example of what we do
What you get
- May-Nov 2021 teaching period
- 13 days contact time
- One-on-one coaching
- Structured peer-support
- 5-person education team (Groupwork Associates)
- A residential end-of-course Retreat at Common Ground
- Comprehensive course manual
- A ‘Facilitation Microskills: card pack
- Copy of Getting Our Act Together – book by Glen Ochre on the power of working well in groups
All sessions are delivered Online on Zoom except the final residential retreat to be held in-person at Commonground in Seymour, Victoria.
Please see our info pack for more details.
Held at Commonground Conference Centre & Online (but still fun!).
See more about our delightful spaces for training.
Fees can be paid in one payment or in three installments; see course info pack for payment schedule.
Course fee: $5,500 (inc. GST)
- Deposit of $500 payable by 3rd April 2021
- Applications for two scholarship places close March 5th. Please refer to Scholarship section in the Info Pack
Discount available for past Participants: If you have previously attended one of our Facilitation Training 2-day public short courses you receive a discount of $220 off the total price.
Price: $5,500inc GST
Deposit Required: $500inc GST