A key point of difference when experiencing education with Groupwork Centre is the quality of our venues.
Groupwork Centre Training Rooms
Our training rooms are selected to provide an open, light-filled space to complement the learning process. Our training rooms are generally located around inner Melbourne, the exact venue address is advised at time of booking confirmation.
We pride ourselves on providing delicious meals, prepared with care and style. They are often healthy, although many people are happy to indulge in some of our more decadent options! A typical menu may include:
- Morning tea Poached pear, lightly chocolate mousse with crumble topping
- Lunch Still warm from baking quiche with quinoa, currant, parsley and feta salad.
- Afternoon tea Fresh seasonal fruit
Commonground Conference and Retreat Venue, by request for off sites.
Commonground is located in tranquil bushland near Seymour, just over an hour’s drive or train trip north of Melbourne (15 minutes from Seymour by car). The beautifully regenerated bush setting, sustainable design and homely feel make it ideal for community-based, social action and environment groups to hold workshops, share ideas and plan for the future.
Two main buildings are available; the Wedge and the smaller Octagon. One or both may be needed for groups staying at Commonground. Facilities and services in the main building called The Wedge include:
- Large meeting space with room for 30 chairs in a circle
- Breakout spaces for smaller group activities
- Open fire and relaxed seating area
- Commercial kitchen and full catering equipment
- Dining room, crockery and urn
- Environmentally conscious design, including solar power, solar hot water and rainwater tanks
- Outdoor spaces for group exercises or games, including grassy area, seating, and a basketball and volleyball court
- Children’s play area, including trampoline, sandpit, swing and treehouse
- Large dam for swimming
- Access to 95 acres of beautiful bush, shared with kangaroos, wallabies and abundant birdlife
- Optional tours of Commonground’s organic gardens and orchards or native bush.
Bookings can range from day workshops to two-week retreats.
The Wedge is our main venue which is an earth constructed solar passive design that can accommodate a maximum of 28 guests spread over 10 rooms. All bedding is supplied.
Shared bathrooms are distributed throughout the building, so there’s no queues for the shower! The bedrooms at Commonground were named after people who were instrumental in creating or inspiring Commonground.
The Octagon can accommodate 10 people in simpler facilities, with a small kitchen and composting toilets. It’s a few minutes’ walk from The Wedge.
For more about Commonground’s Conference and Retreat Centre, click here