Inspire your staff to work smarter and increase their emotional resilience, supported by a useful and simple process.
How are your staff performing and feeling about their work?
Too often it takes a problem with staff or our organisational systems to make us pay attention.
No-one wants a boss who stands over them and micro-manages their work. And the other extreme of leaving staff to their own devices without support is not popular or effective.
Develop the skills to really find out how your staff are going. Catch team issues early, give staff the support they need and help them develop their skills.
Hear from a manager at Melbourne City Mission who uses our model: Click here.
Why with us?
We have trademarked our SuperVision™ model, because it is a valuable commodity! Our experience working in management and training leaders since 1984 has led to our development of a straightforward and effective supervision process that both supervisor and supervisee can benefit from and enjoy.
Groupwork can provide you with a fully road-tested process, and train you in the skills required to apply it well. Investing time and energy in good supervision to work with motivated, productive staff offers great returns in job satisfaction and performance. This looks after people in the here and now, and advantages your organisation in the long term.
We have seen the stats to prove it! See Why coaching not gadgets is key to getting the most out of employees
Who is it for?
- Team leaders, managers and CEOs who want the best from their staff
- Team members who want to get the most out of the supervision experience
- All kinds of work teams from businesses, service providers, government, community to therapeutic settings
What will I learn?
- Practical skills for high-quality supervision
- Processes for supervision and performance management
- Self-awareness and emotional intelligence in communication with staff
- Confidence to have challenging conversations
- Effective collaborative leadership skills
- Groupwork Institute SuperVision™ model for regular staff performance management and support
We include a comprehensive online follow up program to further develop your skills, providing a framework for reflection and extended learning. This increases the ‘stickability’ of your learning. Our program includes:
- Individual action plan to create a plan, working on your current workplace/personal challenges
- Support in setting up and implementing the Groupwork Institute SuperVision™ model.
- Access to the Groupwork’s Supervision Hot Spots and Tricky Bits video, to refresh and reflect
- Tips on self care and professional development, with actions to strengthen your supervision skills
- Your training group as an ongoing resource: sharing real life stories, successes and challenges
We hope you can join us!
Duration: Two days 9.30am – 5.00pm
Provided: Delightful lunch, morning and afternoon tea, workshop materials and resources: Supervision and Performance Management Skills Training booklet and Supervision Hot Spots and Tricky Bits DVD
Venue: Groupwork Institute Training Rooms, 31 Rennie St, Thornbury (Melbourne inner north)
Parking: Ample street parking available
Our approach to training
Our facilitators create a participatory and flexible learning process which allows time to address your individual supervision needs and issues you face in your workplace. A large part of the course is devoted to practicing supervision skills. You are encouraged to bring real-life examples you want to work on.
Over the years we’ve learned that ‘sleeping on it overnight’ provides you with a much deeper, richer learning experience. The course runs over two days, creating opportunity to explore questions and variables that often arise after reflection. And we have a bit of fun along the way!
Like to hear more from other professionals who have done this course? Learn more from a manager at Melbourne City Mission who uses our Supervision Model.
Held at Groupwork Institute Training Rooms.
Read more about why this is such a delightful space in which to do your training.
Group bookings discount
Group Discount available: We offer 10% off full price when 2 or more people from an organisation book into the same dates for this course. For each participant booking, in the Coupon field, please enter the word TEN , then click on Apply to receive your discounted total.
Payment via Direct Transfer
If you prefer to pay by direct transfer into our account, please use the following information:
Account Name: Commonground Training Resources Inc BSB 013 375 Account No 1107-71797
Paying by invoice
Please complete the information fields above, then click on Make Booking. We will email your tax invoice to you.
Upon enrolment, you agree to the cost of this course. All course fees are to be paid prior to the course commencement date.
A 100% refund of the fees paid will be given when we receive notice of your cancellation more than one calendar month prior to the commencement date. If a cancellation is received within the calendar month prior to the commencement date, and your place within the course can be replaced, your fees will be refunded less a $50 administration fee. If your place cannot be filled then your course fee will be forfeited.
If you have any questions about the payment process or the course, please contact us.
Price: $990inc GST