Foster productive workplace relationships and systems by leading collaboratively – and benefit from the wisdom, creativity and experience of your whole team.
Find your learning edge and step up
Ever get the feeling your team has untapped talents and skills? People working in silos, missed deadlines and unspoken tensions are common if people aren’t keen to contribute and also just as keen to hear each others’ ideas.
We’re better together.
As a leader, you need to both identify and make the most of the wisdom and experience in your organisation or team. With so many operational issues to address and negotiate, however, the emotional content is often overlooked. The advantage of an emotionally resilient leader is having the skills and awareness to build a stronger, more successful organisation.
Why with us?
We provide a comprehensive approach to develop the practical skills and confidence you require for collaborative management. You’ll learn more about yourself as a manager. This provides a strong and practical foundation for enhancing your management skills.
What will I learn?
Extended leadership skills
- Building emotional resilience to handle ‘tricky’ encounters
- The micro skills for good management
- Being conscious of your personal motivations
- Your leadership style and its impact
- How you can change your practices to better match your values
- Your capacity to effect change and influence values
- Taking care of yourself
How we affect each other
- Understanding the unconscious dynamics at work in a team
- Organisational dynamics and our role in these
- The unspoken components of organisational culture
- Role theory – roles people play in teams and how we can avoid getting stuck in these
Working with your group or organisation
- Facilitating collaborative teamwork
- Increasing confidence in risk-taking in being genuine
- Understanding our organisation’s values and beliefs
Duration: Two days 9.30am – 5.00pm
- Delightful lunch, morning and afternoon tea,
- All workshop materials and handouts
- Collaborative Leadership Training booklet
Venue: Groupwork Centre Training Rooms, 31 Rennie St, Thornbury (Melbourne inner north)
Parking: Ample street parking available
Our approach to training
We create an environment where you can look at your work practices with safety and lightness. Our work is lively, experiential and practical – and fosters emotional resilience throughout. And we have a bit of fun along the way!
A large part of the program is devoted to practising your skills using situations you want to work on. We encourage you to bring real-life examples, and allow time to address individual needs and issues you face in the workplace.
Held at Groupwork Centre Training Rooms.
See more about our delightful spaces for training.
Group bookings discount
Group Discount available: We offer 10% off full price when 2 or more people from an organisation book into the same dates for this course. For each participant booking, in the Coupon field, please enter the word TEN , then click on Apply to receive your discounted total.
Payment via Direct Transfer
If you prefer to pay by direct transfer into our account, please use the following information:
Account Name: Commonground Training Resources Inc BSB 013 375 Account No 1107-71797
Paying by invoice
Please complete the information fields above, then click on Make Booking. We will email your tax invoice to you.
Upon enrolment, you agree to the cost of this course. All course fees are to be paid prior to the course commencement date.
A 100% refund of the fees paid will be given when we receive notice of your cancellation more than one calendar month prior to the commencement date. If a cancellation is received within the calendar month prior to the commencement date, and your place within the course can be replaced, your fees will be refunded less a $50 administration fee. If your place cannot be filled then your course fee will be forfeited.
If you have any questions about the payment process or the course, please contact us.
Price: $990inc GST